BQ Hephestos 2 3D Printer - DIY Home Build (Based on Prusa i3) H000193
- Assembly in under 2 hours
- A DIY printer with professional results
- In-house designed extruder with a Double Drive Gear traction system
- Self-levelling via an inductive sensor
- Heated bed kit available separately
A DIY printer with professional results.
Hephestos 2 is our second DIY (Do it yourself) printer. Hephestos is based on the Prusa i3, one of the most popular models in the RepRap community. With the latest version, we have evolved it to create a professional printer, while maintaining the spirit of the original. We have opted for a new design that enables us to achieve a larger printing volume, reaching (X) 210mm x (Y) 297mm x (Z) 220mm.
Materials and design, the key to stability.
The Hephestos 2 is a highly stable printer. To achieve this, we have replaced the printed plastic parts with metallic ones. The use of aluminium and steel provide a professional finish and a more robust structure. These materials are combined with semi-transparent polymethacrylate parts that partially conceal the internal mechanism of the printer. It also has three support points and a retractable leg, which moves on the Z axis to adjust the height and stabilise the printer.
3, 2, 1… Print!
Our goal was to enable you to have the Hephestos 2 assembled and ready to print in less than 2 hours. The parts have been designed with this in mind; reducing the quantity of additional components to a minimum and optimising the packaging for your convenience and to make them easier to recognise. The end result is a printer with elegant lines and a fast and effective setup.
- Printer Type: 3D printer
- Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Built-in Devices: Status LCD
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Interface: USB
- Min Layer Thickness: 50 µm
- Input File Formats Supported: Gcode
- Supported Flash Memory Cards: SD Memory Card
- Build Materials Supported: Polylactide (PLA), wood filled filaments, bronze filled filaments, copper filled filaments
- Max Build Size: 297 x 210 x 220 mm
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Connections: 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B
- Power Device: Power adapter - external
- Voltage Required: AC 230V
- OS Required: Linux, Microsoft Windows XP or later, Apple MacOS X or later
- Width: 45 cm (when built)
- Depth: 51.6 cm (when built)
- Height: 57.1 cm (when built)
- Shipping Weight: 16KG
|Product Summary||BQ Hephestos 2 3D Printer - DIY Home Build (Based on Prusa i3) H000193|
|Manufacturer Part Code||H000193|
|Print Technology||3D Printing|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||45 cm x 51.6 cm x 57.1 cm (When built)|
Brand new item, never used. Still factory sealed in the original retail box with all original accessories.
Genuine BQ UK stock sourced from approved BQ UK Distribution Channels.
PLEASE NOTE: This item is a DIY 'Build it Yourself' 3D Printer which will need constructing before it can be used.
This item will be shipped via DPD on their Next Day service (normally delivered the following business day). AM services are also available for a small surcharge. Premium shipping options can be selected during the checkout process.
Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) will usually ship the same day. Orders placed after 2pm will ship on the next working day.
Please provide your mobile phone number on your order to receive text updates from the courier with tracking information.
Customers based in more remote areas, the Scottish Highlands or outside UK Mainland (Islands, Northern Ireland etc) may experience a slightly longer delivery time. Customers in these remote/offshore areas may also not be eligible for some premium shipping options.